Please read through our Studio Etiquette to help keep Kala Yoga a safe and accepting space for everyone:
1. Our Yoga Room holds a maximum of 16 people. Please note that it is not required that you pre-register for your class, but if the class is full those who have signed up online are guaranteed a space, and then first-come, first-served.
2. You will find moon-shaped mat markers on the Yoga Room floor; please align the top middle of your mat with one of the mat markers. This will ensure we have plenty of space for the maximum number of people in case the class is full. If there is plenty of room when the class begins you can spread out then if you wish.
3. Please arrive on time for your class. The Studio is open 20-30 minutes before each of our classes so you have plenty of time to arrive and relax. To respect the instructors and those who have arrived on time, we will not admit anyone into the Studio later than 5 minutes after the class has started. If you think you may be running 5 minutes late, please give us a call to let us know!
4. Please use the mat spray and cloths at the front of the Yoga Room to wipe off your mat, blocks, and any sweat on the floor around you. This helps to leave the Yoga Room clean and tidy for the next class.
5. Our Studio does not have a strict dress code, as we would like you to be comfortable in your practice. You are welcome to go shirtless in yoga class, but we ask women to wear a sports bra, and either shorts, capris or leggings for all.
6. The Yoga Room is a phone-free zone, unless expressly permitted by Kala Yoga Staff. Please turn your phone to vibrate or silent and leave it in the reception area.
7. The Yoga Room is a quiet space. Please be respectful of your fellow Yogis and observe silence in the Yoga Room ~ many students come early to meditate or sit quietly and we wish to honour that commitment by keeping the space free of noise. You are welcome to chat and catch up with friends in the reception area.
Thank you for helping us to keep the Studio a safe space for all!